"If you can get along with everyone and everyone loves you, then you don't stand for much. A person who stands his ground for his principles and won't compromise his integrity is not loved by everyone."
- Larry Winget

Pay Per Lead Affiliate Programs

I have failed to create my 20 campaigns this month. But I am going to take a new direction starting yesterday. I created 1 new Pay Per Lead campaign yesterday from a affiliate program in CJ.com. I hope all goes well with this campaign. I got disabled within a few hours because the landing page has some pop ups. So I had no choice but to build simple landing page.

If you’re from the USA, you shouldn’t have problems joining the loans and insurance programs at CJ.com. I got rejected by quite a number of them. Lucky for me one of the top companies let me in. I am promoting the program with the highest “3 month EPC”. I forgot what that means… I think it has something to do with Earnings Per 100 Clicks. So you can expect to earn $X if you direct 100 visitors through their links.

Pay Per Lead programs usually have some kind of form for people to fill up and you get paid when someone fills up the form to apply for a loan or something like that. This loan industry is so huge! There will be some “micro niches” for you to exploit. It took me a few hours yesterday to research the companies and types of loans available.

There will be a lot of competition but I am sure I will be able to “sneak in through the back door” with the Google AdWords 123 techniques of bidding on company names, URLs and “consumer keywords”. I got the idea of promoting loan affiliate program while I was re-reading Google Cash yesterday. There is a bonus report by Jeremy Wilson, webmaster of AdWordMentor.com on how he makes money with Pay Per Lead programs. I now wonder how the hell did I miss that one out for so long?

Posted by Vincent on 29 April 2005 10:46 AM in Affiliate Program Marketing You can leave a comment, or trackback from your own site. |

Similar Posts

Did You Enjoy This Post?

Subscribe to our blog through our RSS feed or email to receive updates on more posts like this. post on your favourite social networking or media site to let others know about this post. Help us generate more buzz by submitting/voting for this post with the following buttons.

7 Comments On “Pay Per Lead Affiliate Programs”

On 29th April 2005 6:37 PM, Extraword said:

I had similar idea from GoogleCash but after my registration with CJ, for over 2 months my idea still remains only an “idea”. I am still grappling to improve my mastery of Adwords ppc campaign and improve on my current x1 average daily sale before testing this idea. I believe the example in GoogleCash involved cloaking/framing the merchant site to appear as one of your subdomain. Do you plan to use this model?

Moving on to setting up new Adwords campaigns. Have you noticed lately that a HIGH percentage of keywords in new campaigns immediately go on HOLD/TRIAL status? I am experiencing this in practically all my new campaigns, and I find it very frustrating. I mainly use AdwordsEqualiser for my keywords research and have recently purchased one week slot at Wordtracker but that did not make much difference with keywords going on HOLD. Do you think I should try something different?

Regards
Inno

On 30th April 2005 12:52 PM, Anonymous said:

I think the author of google adwords 123 came up with a good idea of coming up with keywords that your target market would search for, but its never worked for me. For example, if I wanted to promote a dog book from clickbank, I could use keywords like petsmart, 1800petmeds, petco, etc… These keywords get a lot of searches per month, but not everyone typing them into google is interested in a particular dog book. My click through rate usually stinks. Greg Heslin gave the example in his book about targeting stay at home moms for paid survey sites. He used keywords related to oprah winfrey. I tried that to and my ad barely got clicked on. I think its a neat idea to think of places your target market would type into google, but that doesn’t neccessarlily mean that most of them will me interested in the product your promoting. And in the campaigns I’ve set up, click through rates were always terrible.

On 2nd May 2005 7:36 PM, Vincent said:

Hi,

“I believe the example in GoogleCash involved cloaking/framing the merchant site to appear as one of your subdomain. Do you plan to use this model?”

Nope I created landing pages to redirect people to the merchant web site because they have a pop up. If they don’t have a pop up, I will use the framing/subdomain method.

“Have you noticed lately that a HIGH percentage of keywords in new campaigns immediately go on HOLD/TRIAL status?”

Yes I get that too. I usually ignore them. You can also move the slowed keywords to another ad group to see if it helps.

“How has your experience been since you seem to use the same techniques for targeting your markets in your campaigns?”

I’ve been using the techniques in the Google AdWords 123 book for all my campaigns. I spend very little money on:

1. Company/Brand names
2. Celebrity names
3. Related product names
4. Targeted keyords

I personally feel it work very well for something that is “needed” by many people. For example surveys, they are a source of easy income for a lot of people so it sells quite well for me.

The dog book doesn’t sell very well at all cos ebooks do not go well with most people. You can get similar dog books in your local book shop.

The stuff that sell well for me are usually very unique products that you can get only on the internet.

On 3rd May 2005 3:10 AM, Anonymous said:

How would you come up with popular keywords for promoting paid survey sites. I thought of Donald Trump and The Apprentice, but the clickthrough rate for those types of keywords wouldn’t hold up.

On 3rd May 2005 8:46 AM, Vincent said:

I tried those keywords too. Just keep coming up with keywords related to the shows and celebrities that would appeal to stay at home mums.

On 12th May 2005 10:29 PM, Vincent said:

I believe the soap opera just isn’t popular enough to get a acceptable CTR. If possible, you might want to use the Google’s conversion tracking if it is available with your merchant.

On 2nd November 2005 6:12 AM, les said:

I’m confused; i just started reading about Adwords + affiliate marketing campaigns- and after an hour of two of reading an ebook on the subject I went out and did google searches on some words. none of them came up with “affil or affiliate.” I then started noticing posts bout how Google was cracking down on adword + affiliate marketing-

can someone tell me what’s going on and give me the scivy on if adword marketing using affiliate urls are still allowable or not? or did google ex-nay that money generating idea?